- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup flour (spelt or other alternative)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- a few TBS jam of choice (Blackberry Jack and Baron Von Blueberry are favourites)
Preheat oven to 350. Wizz the oats in a food processor until a course meal. Grind almonds into meal. Combine oats with almonds, flour, salt, maple syrup and oil. Shape into 3/4" balls (made easier by wetting hands periodically). Put balls near each other on a pan prepared with parchment paper. Use your thumb to make an impression in the middle of each and spoon ~1/4 tsp of jam into each. Bake for 12-15 minutes, but watch carefully so as not to over-bake.
- 1 TBS Blackberry Jack Jam
- 3 TBS balsamic (or white) vinegar
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 6-7 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- a few grinds of yummy salt and pepper
Serve on fresh, local greens - ideally from your garden!