East Van Jam is a growing, vibrant Vancouver food business. With over 30 boutique stockists, food service contracts and a growing demand to cross provincial and international boundaries, we need a little help keeping up. We are looking for the perfect candidate to join our team – someone who shares our passion for supporting local growers and local small businesses; who is excited to be part of a dynamic and growing small business; and who brings positive energy to the sometimes unglamorous tasks that are integral to the process.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Reliable, conscientious, prompt
- Positive attitude and pro-actively anticipates tasks
- Sincere interest in the small scale food sector / local food business
- Willingness to do all tasks required
- Experience working in kitchens an asset
- Detail oriented, fast learner and can work quickly
- Wednesday availability from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm with possibility for additional hours as required/desired
- Prepare food such as chopping onions or pitting fruit
- Follow prescribed process flow to produce line of East Van Jam products
- Label, package and prepare orders to vendors
- Kitchen clean up before, during and after production
- Possibility to offer demos at retailers around the lower mainland 2-4hrs at a time
- Current BC driver’s licence and vehicle an asset
- Ability to lift 40lbs (comfortable loading / unloading product and/or equipment)
- Food safe certified (or willing to acquire)
What we can offer:
A fun, supportive work environment; insights into the small scale food business; develop new skills related to running a small business; challenging work environment where ideas to improve efficiencies are always welcomed.
AND there is room to grow. With the right candidate in place, we hope to make some significant growth moves in 2017 and hope that this new staff person will work alongside us to make those moves a reality.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your pertinent work experience to Natalie at email@example.com. Screening will begin with a phone interview.