Oct 2020 Now Hiring: Production Assistant
East Van Jam is a growing, vibrant Vancouver food business. We need a little help keeping up. We are looking for the perfect candidate to join our team - someone who shares our passion for supporting local growers and local small businesses; who is excited to be part of a dynamic and growing small business; and who brings positive energy to the sometimes unglamorous tasks that are integral to the process.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Reliable, conscientious, prompt
- Positive attitude and pro-actively anticipates tasks
- Sincere interest in the small scale food sector / local food business
- Willingness to do all tasks required
- Experience working in kitchens an asset
- Detail oriented, fast learner and can work quickly with a sense of urgency
- Wednesdays and Thursdays availability from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with possibility for additional hours as required/desired
- Prepare food such as chopping onions or pitting fruit
- Follow prescribed process flow to produce line of East Van Jam products
- Label, package and prepare orders to vendors
- Kitchen clean up before, during and after production
- Ability to lift 40lbs (comfortable loading / unloading product and/or equipment)
- Food safe certified (or willing to acquire)
What we can offer: A fun, supportive work environment; insights into the small scale food business; develop new skills related to running a small business; challenging work environment where ideas to improve efficiencies are always welcomed; growth opportunities in other areas of the business.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your pertinent work experience to Natalie at email@example.com. Screening will begin with a phone interview.